Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rvcedd
Helper I
Helper I

R histogram not displaying full data

Hello there,

I have loaded a dataset with 10 million records in both Power BI and R Studio. When I run the following code in R Studio I got a nice distribution of the values. (second photo)

However, when I run the same code in Power BI using R Script the frequency of all the bins is capped (First Photo). Does anyone know why this is happening? My intuition tells me that it must be the size of the data set and the R code inside Power BI is limited somehow but I cannot reproduce the problem in R Studio.

PowerBI Histogram problem.PNGR Studio Histogram correct.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
avilasebastianl

You need to add the other column in Power BI where the hist is supposed to count the data. 

In your case it seems that you have selected one column(arrivals...) but you are not giving the other information to the program to count the data. hope you understand me)

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rvcedd ,

Add an index column in Query Editor, drag it to Values as well and change the aggregation to Don't summarize.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-aggregates

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello. Thanks for the suggestion but that is not a desired workaround. 

Power BI is not displaying the data correctly using the R Script even though this was tested externally. Power BI is blocking/limiting the size of the histogram - do you know why?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors