Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

R and Power BI

Hi,

I currently have 2 Power BI Matrix visuals in one page. I need to export the visual to Excel (properly formatted)

I've tried using export Data, but this doesnt retail table formatting. Also, I need both my visuals to be exported simultaneously.

I've built an R script in R studio to export the Power BI data to Excel. Is there a way I can use a button in Power BI to run the R script to export into xlsx? 

Regards,

aRa_4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I doubt you can export only Data in the matrix visuals using R/Python script. As far as I know, you can only export dataset or data field. Take a look at:

Quick Tips – Export data from Power BI using R | Mitchellsql (mitchellpearson.com)

Use R to export data from Power BI – The BIccountant

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I doubt you can export only Data in the matrix visuals using R/Python script. As far as I know, you can only export dataset or data field. Take a look at:

Quick Tips – Export data from Power BI using R | Mitchellsql (mitchellpearson.com)

Use R to export data from Power BI – The BIccountant

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Power automate has enabled this kind of flows. But I am not sure of any R connector as of now.

Refer automate flow to export to excel with button, see you can use that - https://youtu.be/BnTipbooeP0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak I'm currently not with Power BI Premium.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.