Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Helper I
Helper I

R Visuals in Web

I have plotted the forecasting using R Scripts. Now I am need to export the created visual to web. When I use publish to web, R visuals not appearing. How to achieve this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @141507,

R visuals require a Power BI Pro license to render in reports, refresh, filter and cross-filter, please refer to the following document about R visuals capabilities based on licensing.

1.PNG

Reference link:

R Visual Licensing

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @141507,

As smoupre said, I also think the issue may related to unsupported libraries.

In addition, can you provide some detail contents to help us know more about your issue?

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi All,

Thank you for your response.

I am using packages of "forecast", "xts". I am plotting ARIMA visual using R code. Please let me know if there are any problems using these packages.

R Code:

library("xts")

library("forecast")

dates=as.Date(dataset$received_date,"%Y-%m-%d")

xs=xts(dataset$volume,dates)

plot(xs)

xi=ts(xs,start=c(2014,1),end=c(2016,12),frequency=12)

plot(xi)

fit <- auto.arima(xi,D=1)

plot(forecast(fit,h=12),xlab='Year', ylab = 'Volume')

Regards,

Senthil D

HI @141507,

Can you share some detailed information about these r visual? (For e.g. screenshots, error message...?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi, I have attached the screenshot for your reference. After publishing to web, I could not able to see the R visuals. Please guide me further.

Regards,

Senthil DR-Viz-Err.JPG

HI @141507,

R visuals require a Power BI Pro license to render in reports, refresh, filter and cross-filter, please refer to the following document about R visuals capabilities based on licensing.

1.PNG

Reference link:

R Visual Licensing

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

I thought the whol point of Premium and subsequent Apps was that we Pro licensed designers can create in app workspace and publish for end consumers to end Apps so that the not pro license consumers did not need a Pro license to consume anything out of the end Published App?

Is this something in MS BI's backlog to resolve at the moment?

Thanks,

Joe Katon

Sr. Data Scientist

Duke Energy

Hi,

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards,

Senthil D

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What R libraries are you using? Are they on the list?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-r-packages-support/

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.