Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ironryan77
Advocate II
Advocate II

R Visual error: Too many values

I am using an R Visual to display a correlation chart and I'm getting this error:

Too many values.  Not showing all data.  Filter the data or choose another field.

The R script that creates this correlation chart is using corrplot.  This error only appears when I have not selected enough filters, reducing the total number of rows that the calculations are made on.  This correlation matrix never grows larger than 5x5, so I don't think this error is referring to thte size limit on post-processed data. 

So what is the row limit on the source data fed into R scripts?  From what I understand, 150k is still the row limit on post-processed data for R visuals.

r correlation row limit.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ironryan77

As mentioned in document:

Data size limitations – data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image.

This is the limitation on the data "used by" R visual. Even your visual never grow larger than 5*5, it consumes more than 150K rows data to do aggregation and calculation so that it can return your the data in 5*5 chart. So once your put a fields with more than 150K rows, please always apply a filter.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ironryan77

As mentioned in document:

Data size limitations – data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image.

This is the limitation on the data "used by" R visual. Even your visual never grow larger than 5*5, it consumes more than 150K rows data to do aggregation and calculation so that it can return your the data in 5*5 chart. So once your put a fields with more than 150K rows, please always apply a filter.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.