cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
patoduck
Helper II
Helper II

R Script error

I have an R Script running on SQL 2017 ML R Server (So no memory problem, etc)

PowerBI connects to a file containing a dataset with product number and URL. Upon inspection it will fail with timeout, but 

 

 

library(readxl)
library(jpeg)
library(scales)
library(plotrix)
library(gridExtra)
library(dplyr)
library(data.table)

dataset = read_excel("C:/Temp/Products.xlsx", sheet = "Sheet1")

datalist = list()

nRowsDf <- nrow(dataset)

for (i in 1:nRowsDf) {
tryCatch({
#Convert this from Data.frame to Vector
avector <- as.vector(dataset$URL)
varenummer <- as.vector(dataset$Varenr)
Sku <- as.vector(varenummer[[i]])
download.file(avector[[i]], "image.jpg", mode = "wb")
painting <- readJPEG("image.jpg")
dimension <- dim(painting)
painting_rgb <- data.frame(
  x = rep(1:dimension[2], each = dimension[1]),
  y = rep(dimension[1]:1, dimension[2]),
  R = as.vector(painting[,, 1]), #slicing our array into three
  G = as.vector(painting[,, 2]),
  B = as.vector(painting[,, 3])
)

k_means = kmeans(painting_rgb[, c("R", "G", "B")], algorithm = "Lloyd", centers = 6, iter.max = 300)
test = (sapply(rgb(k_means$centers), color.id))

Color = lapply(test, `[[`, 1)
Values = k_means$size
Percentage = k_means$size / sum(k_means$size)
Final = do.call(rbind, Map(data.frame, Color = lapply(test, `[[`, 1), Values = k_means$size, ProductNumber = Sku, Percentage = Percentage))

Final$i <- i # keep track of  iteration 
datalist[[i]] <- Final # add iteration to list

#R = Final[with(Final, order(-Percentage)),]
}, error = function(e) { })
closeAllConnections() 

}

big_data = rbindlist(datalist)

 

 

 

Upon inspection it will fail with timeout, but opening the script is Rstudio o Visual Studio shows the folling error :

 

Error in file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")) : 
cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, ifelse(append, "a", "w")) :
cannot open file 'myDF.csv': Too many open files

I have also posted the error in Stackoverflow so if you can solve it you can also get some point overthere 🙂

 

 

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue at the end is not related to Power BI. It is a limitation with R and Windows. It will affect even if you run the code in ML services.

 

If I find another solution I will post it accordingly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
patoduck
Helper II
Helper II

It looks like is not possible to use R in windows. The OS will lock itself!

 

 

This is an issue with Windows that locked files. The best things is to avoid Windows. For people that need to use Windows there is a solution. I tested it with Windows 7:

Hi @patoduck,

 

Thanks for sharing with us. Why not run the code in the ML server? We can just use Power BI to retrieve plain data. The R in Power BI focus on data modeling. I would suggest doing unnecessary data manipulation outside of Power BI.

 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The issue at the end is not related to Power BI. It is a limitation with R and Windows. It will affect even if you run the code in ML services.

 

If I find another solution I will post it accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Kudoed Authors