Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

R Script - change the dataframe at runtime

Hello,

When creating an R Script visual these hints appear by default - 

"The following code to create a dataframe and remove duplicated rows is always executed and acts as a preamble for your script
dataset <- data.frame(Category, Sales)  "

Does this dataset have to be used by the R Script, or is it possible to build your own dataset dynamically in the R Script,  based on a filter selection chosen by the user ?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@richard_wylde - I haven't found a way to do that although it has been a while since I tried. When I last ran into this it was in trying to create a word cloud so removing duplicate values sort of defeats the purpose. I ended up having to export my data to a file and then use the R script to read the data back in. Real pain and I was so disgusted with the process that I pretty much gave up on R visuals as mostly useless quite frankly. Whoever had the idea to remove duplicates by default should be taken into a back alley and given a severe beat down.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted

Hi @Greg_Deckler  - not quite the answer I was hoping for but thanks for preventing me wasting any more time on this !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors