Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexrobe
Advocate III
Advocate III

Quickinfo/Tooltip: Identify column which is currently hovered over

I have a table visual that shows multiple contact persons for one supplier claim. 

tbl.jpg

If the consumer hovers over a person in the table, I want to show his/her contact details, coming from another dis-/connected table.

Therefore I have created another report page and set this as the report tooltip. Problem is, that the page now alway shows ALL Details for ALL Persons in that row (Responsible 1 and Responsible 2...), but I want to be more selektive/sleek. In this example, if I hover over Samina, I still also get the details of Daniel too)

with tooltip.jpg

I can write a measure to link to the right person, no big deal, BUT my question is:

How can I find out over which column the user currently hovers? ISSELECTED, ISCROSSFILTERED, IS... do not give the desired results.

I'd need something like "ISHIGHLIGHTED" or "ISHOVERED", "IS..." or any other way of finding out, which cell is currently under the mouse pointer...

Thanks for any ideas,

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @alexrobe 

You may try to follow the below articles to custom the tooltip.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Reference:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-tooltip-for-table-visual/td-p/523049

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-cherch-msft for showing me this otherwise insightful link regarding totals of columns.

In my case I need to be selective of the column to show (horizontal direction) and not some kind of vertical aggregations. 

1 have 5 columns with person details, and when the user hovers over e.g. column 2 in line xxx I just want to display contanct details if the person in Column 2 and so on...

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.