Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

julsh41
Helper II
Helper II

Quickbooks Online stopped connecting

Hello,

I have been connecting to Intuit Quickbooks Online for 2 years now.  All the sudden today when it asked to input credentials, it gave me an error that "Intuit does not support this browser" and it won't let me refresh data.  I have the latest version of Chrome and Edge installed.  I haven't changed anything and this just started happening today.  Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did follow the steps at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-connect-to-quickbooks-online to connect through the online service rather than Power BI Desktop, and that did work for me.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
julsh41
Helper II
Helper II

I can't connet to QBO again...anyone else having an issue?

Scheduled refreshes have all been successful this week. I just tested from Desktop and it seems to work as expected for me. Good luck.

I am also still having this issue. After trying to connect you get a series of Script Error windows. Clicking Yes to continue running scripts on this page just lands you at an empty page.

stokes776_0-1601048272289.png

the issue has been escalated to support.  Unfortunately they have not found a short term solution, and not great news on the long term solution

julsh41_0-1601048412305.png

Will keep you posted as I hear more

Thanks for the update, Shame this hasnt been fixed as of yet but i guess it is still in beta mode.

Hi i am getting a Syntax error when im trying to connect? any thoughts?

samgriffin_0-1600417246808.pngsamgriffin_1-1600417273347.png

maumora
Regular Visitor

I can confirm this error started occuring today, or yesterday at the earliest, and only on Power BI Desktop.

I have tested on 3 different computers (including Azure VMs in different regions), and the issue happens on all of them, even when all browsers are supported by Intuit.

just retried it and it worked.  I guess someone fixed it!  Thanks to whoever did!

You're right, it's working again. 👍

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@julsh41 , does it stop connecting in power bi ?

Yes, it won't let me refresh my QBO data in Power BI because of the Browser error I mentioned.  I am just stuck

NormalNormalNot normal...when I submit crednetialsNot normal...when I submit crednetialsNormalNormal

I literally just tried connecting to QuickBooks Online for the first time now, and Google gave me your message as the top result. I'm getting the exact same error message.

I did follow the steps at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-connect-to-quickbooks-online to connect through the online service rather than Power BI Desktop, and that did work for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.