Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

julsh41
Helper II
Helper II

Quickbooks Online Time Activity Table

I have connected my company's Quickbooks Online Account to PBI Desktop, and I have 99% of hte information I need.  The ony thing I am missing is for the Time Activity table, it does not include the employee name that the timeactivity data being shown. That is literally the last piece of the puzzle for me but it is a big one.  Does anyone know how to add it?  I don't see a way to get it through relationships based on the columns they give you in the table.

OR does someone know a URL Fragment for the fx REport function that could pull all Time Detail by Employee?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
andywondra

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue plus a few more. I regularly use the Quickbooks online report "Time Activities By Customer Detail" which gives me Date / Employee / Memo Description / Duration for each Customer. I track total time, not start and end times. I then extract that info to Excel for further analysis (average hourly rates and other calculations.) I am unable to get any of this via the table "TimeActivity" when viewing in Power BI Desktop version. Like you said, I am also unable to connect other tables via relationships since the unique identifier "Id" doesn't bring over the correct content. Any help is greatly appreciated! I hope you've had some luck the last month or so! Let me know. Thank you.

Yes, the connector is missing some fields here unfortunately. Please vote for the fix here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16727455-quickbooks-online-timeac...

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Thank you. It would seem like it's a problem on Quick Books side, but hey what do I know! Appreciate you pointing me towards the vote. Thanks again!

Hi @andywondra,

I've found a way to get the missing data: https://www.thebiccountant.com/2019/01/10/get-full-time-activity-data-from-quickbooks-into-power-bi/ 🙂

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Is there a way to use this functionality to extract employee cost data?  I would like to be able to assign each employee a hourly cost rate based on Salary + Benefit + Taxes.  Then I could "charge" a project for each persons work on a project.  I thought it would be on the employee page, but it is not.  Any thoughts?

Yes, there is a field in the employee tab "BillableRate".

It will also not be delivered by the standard object in PBI, but you can just use:

select * from employee

in the Entity-function (like described in my blogpost) and the field will come through (called "BillRate" there)

... provided, you're not using the payroll-module (see here: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/most-commonly-used/employee#the-e... )

Imke!!!  This is perfect!!!  Thank you so much.  It also worked with the "Budget" information which had the same problem where I couldn't get details out.  I second Andy's opinion, you are amazing!

I will spend a little time on this later today, but your solution looks like it has it all! You are amazing BICCOUNTANT!!! Thank you.
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @julsh41

Have you got Time Activity table in Quickbooks Online side?

Please refer Turn on and set up time tracking.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie ,

Any other possible solutions to my issue.  If I had the employee column to this piece of the report then I would have everything I need.  Is there another way to access it if the QBO bridge is not going to work?

Best Regards,

James

Hi 

Do you have Time Activity Table on Quickbooks Online?

if there is no such table in Quickbooks side, it also shows no Time Activity Table when connect it to power bi.

power bi can't fetch content that the data source doesn't contain.

Best Regards

Maggie

Yes I have everything turned on from the Quickbooks side already

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.