Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tobybigatom

Quickbooks Online General Ledger not shown in Power BI Get Data navigator

I am using Power BI desktip with the Quickbooks Online connector. The General Ledger table is currently not shown in the get data navigator. How do I make this table available within the connector? Is there some permissions change required at the Quickbooks Online side?

9 REPLIES 9
DataBank
Helper III
Helper III

I'm also facing the same issue even when I'm using "Quickbooks.Table() then It show the general ledger in the list of tables ...
Whenever I try to get the general ledger into power bi, I'm facing the below error.

Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation.
Details:
[Table]

let
Source = QuickBooks.Tables(),
general ledger = Source{[Key="general ledger"]}[Data]
in
general ledger

DataBank_0-1669287202472.png

DataBank_1-1669287202224.png

DataBank
Helper III
Helper III

I'm also facing the same issue even when I'm using "Quickbooks.Table() then It show the general ledger in the list of tables ...
Whenever I try to get the general ledger into power bi, I'm facing the below error.

Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation.
Details:
[Table]

let
Source = QuickBooks.Tables(),
general ledger = Source{[Key="general ledger"]}[Data]
in
general ledger

DataBank_0-1669286885392.pngDataBank_1-1669286948886.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I used the QB connector in Get Data navigator and was not able to find the General ledger as a choice in it but was able to use the quickbooks sample report on the microsoft website and load on it to get the general ledger along with quickstart on the reports. I am however stuck with trying to work with multiple companies in the same quickbook log in, is that something that someone was able to work through, would appreciate help with it. Thanks.

NimblAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Same problem. When I try to change the data source, it says I can't even login without starting the connection over. When connect to the new data source for QBO, General Ledger table is no longer available... Please Fix

Yes indeed, Microsoft, why hasnt this been fixed? Get on with it and stop going backwards.  You have already removed the QBO connector from PowerBI Online, enough is enough.

steddy
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue with a new Power BI file I'm setting up, I don't see any general ledger tables as an option.

My other Power BI file that has the general ledger table connected seems to be working fine though.

steddy
Frequent Visitor

Found the issue, I checked my file that was connected and the source for the connection is "Quickbooks.Table()" however with the new file the default source is "QuickbooksOnline.Table(null)".

I changed the source in the new file to "Quickbooks.Table()" and was able to see a different list of tables to select from including the General Ledger tables.

KasperDK
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with QB - No GL data in the connector since 2 weeks ago - Microsoft/Quickbooks please solve this issue ASAP.
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi tobybigatom,

I am not familiar with QuickBooks, when I first login in, it  has no General Ledger, I am not sure whether this is cuased by the QuickBook,  you could check whether General Ladger is in QuickBook. I will test this is in my environment and inform you as soon as I get it. 

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.