Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Danvk

QuickBooks Online connector

So I am trying to connect to QuickBooks online.  Primarily to access the GL table which is where.. useful accounting transaction data is stored.

Here are the weird obstacles:

(1)The "new" QuickBooks Online (BETA) connector has a depreciated IE 11 based Oauth2 connector that doesnt work.  After changing System Environment Variables PQ_EnableEdgeChromiumOAuth to True and installing the beta of Edge, you can actually connect to this.  This wasted a lot of hours and defies expectations as to how Microsoft support for a huge integration was allowed to rely on IE11's laughably outdated standards but OK.

(2) The new connector doesnt include the GL data tables.  So it basically doesnt include anything that matters because what good is an accounting system dashboard if you cant actually get your transactions?

(3) Theres an old connector that allegedly has the GL data tables, but oops the Oauth workaround I mentioned in (1) doesnt work on the old connector.

So when is this going to be fixed? Its in a shockingly embarassing state for a data connector to such a popular product that is advertised on PowerBI so prominantly. Im shocked this isn't a bigger priority.

Any workarounds to actually get access to the GL data tables in QuickBooks in PowerBI would be appreciated, I dont care how jankey, I've tried everything aside from Tableau but thats next on my list.  

3 REPLIES 3
Danvk

What the heck, I told you that.  That isnt the solution that is precisely the problem.

Did you ever manage to connect to Quickbooks online?

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Danvk 
Well, beginning on August 1, 2020, Intuit will no longer support Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) for QuickBooks Online. 
Power Query QuickBooks Online connector | Microsoft Docs

For your concorn, you may submit an idea. Ideas (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.