Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Black783
Frequent Visitor

QuickBooks Connection Duplicate Invoice Records

When a QuicBooks Online Invoice has Sales Tax and Shipping values assoicated with it, there are 3 records assoicated with that invoice on the Invoice table.  The line item amount and Sales tax amount show up 3 times.  See screen shot.  What is the best way to combine all 3 records so that I get the correct line item amount and sales tax.  Meaning the line item amount is $200, I need the sum to be $200 and not $600.  The sales tax to be $15.50 and not triple the amount.

Duplicate Invoice Table Records.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Black783,

According to your description, you should be able to use MAX Function (DAX) to create two measures to get correct line item amount and sales tax, then show them on the report in this scenario. The formulas below are for your reference.Smiley Happy

Line Amount = MAX ( 'Your table name'[Line.Amount] )
Total Tax = MAX ( 'Your table name'[TxnTaxDetail.Totaltax] )

Regards

Appreciate the assistance but this approach would require an excessive amount of measures.  An invoice can have many line items with references and assoicated amounts so you have to develop a measure for each one plus sales tax, freight, etc. 

Also I'm not sure you can write an IF statement to get the proper results.

It seems to me that the data set from the QuickBooks connection is flawed.  If I was extracting from SQL Server, I would have individual records for each line item, freight, and sales tax. 

Hi @Black783,

It seems to me that the data set from the QuickBooks connection is flawed.  If I was extracting from SQL Server, I would have individual records for each line item, freight, and sales tax. 

QuickBooks Online connector is still a preview connector, and is still under development currently.

f1.PNG

Could you submit your requirement on Power BI Ideas and vote it up to improve Power BI and make it better?Smiley Happy

Regards

I will submit. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors