Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Quick question on the power BI visuals

hi Team.

I have few  quick question, not sure if that is doiable

1) i have a dashboard, lets say Page1, page2, Page 3,  Can i share the user only page 2? i know it wasnt possible before, is this possible now?

2) Is auto refresh possible, if the source file, is excel or folder? if yes, thn how to do it?

3) what is MVP certification, how can i achieve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Yes you  can share the respective page, Just need to do some custom coding 

Ref below link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers

Create object as 

var config = { type: 'report', tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed, accessToken: accessToken, embedUrl: embedUrl, id: embedReportId, permissions: models.Permissions.All, settings: { filterPaneEnabled: true, navContentPaneEnabled: true } };

// Get a reference to the embedded report HTML element

var reportContainer = $('#reportContainer')[0];

// Embed the report and display it within the div container.

var report = powerbi.embed(reportContainer, config);

attach the report page to the HTML page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Yes you  can share the respective page, Just need to do some custom coding 

Ref below link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers

Create object as 

var config = { type: 'report', tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed, accessToken: accessToken, embedUrl: embedUrl, id: embedReportId, permissions: models.Permissions.All, settings: { filterPaneEnabled: true, navContentPaneEnabled: true } };

// Get a reference to the embedded report HTML element

var reportContainer = $('#reportContainer')[0];

// Embed the report and display it within the div container.

var report = powerbi.embed(reportContainer, config);

attach the report page to the HTML page.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@vjnvinod wrote:

1) i have a dashboard, lets say Page1, page2, Page 3,  Can i share the user only page 2? i know it wasnt possible before, is this possible now?

No, the permissions are still at the report level. If a user can see the report they can see all the pages in the report

2) Is auto refresh possible, if the source file, is excel or folder? if yes, thn how to do it?

You might be able to do this with Power Automate (this used to be called "Flow") as this now has an action that can trigger the refresh of a Power BI data model (although this still has to fit within the limits for your Power BI workspace). So if you can detect the change of your data source with Power Automate you could then use this to trigger a refresh.

3) what is MVP certification, how can i achieve that?

It's not really a certification, it's more of an award. It's a recognition of community contributions in certain Microsoft technology areas. They consider all sorts of activities including (but not limited to) things like answering forum questions, running a user group, speaking at conferences, posting on social media, running open source projects, providing product feedback, etc. You can see other examples of the types of community contributions here. And you can get more information about the award here: https://mvp.microsoft.com/

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@d_gosbell 

thanks this is helpful, do you have a step by step process on the  point 2?

@vjnvinod wrote:

thanks this is helpful, do you have a step by step process on the  point 2?

No I don't. But Power Automate/Flow is really easy to use and the site has tutorials and a whole lot of pre-built templates. If you get stuck it has it's own dedicated forums

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.