cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heidi Helper I
Helper I

Quick question: default removing of axis titles

Hi all! 

Is there any way to set the axis titles to be disabled as a default? Maybe with a theme file (json)? I personally don't like them in my visualizations and it's a pain in the neck (on in the wrist) to always manually turn them off. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-joesh-msft Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Quick question: default removing of axis titles

Hi @Heidi ,

As mentioned by @SivaMani , you can change the corresponding properties by customizing the theme file. Here is a resource about "Snippets for assembling Power BI Themes", you can refer to it, the following is an example of Line.json:

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Heidi Helper I
Helper I

I got it! I had to change a little bit of the answer @SivaMani gave to get the desired outcome! This gave me the outcome I was looking for: 

"categoryAxis":[{"show":true,"showAxisTitle": false}],
"valueAxis":[{"show":true,"showAxisTitle": false}],

5 REPLIES 5
SivaMani Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Heidi,

Yes, you can do this with custom theme. Please check the below mentioned properties,
"categoryAxis":[{"show":false}],
"valueAxis":[{"show":false}]

Hope it will help you. I appreciate your kudos!
Thanks,
Siva Mani

v-joesh-msft Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Heidi ,

As mentioned by @SivaMani , you can change the corresponding properties by customizing the theme file. Here is a resource about "Snippets for assembling Power BI Themes", you can refer to it, the following is an example of Line.json:

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Heidi Helper I
Helper I

Thank you both for the answers! 

Did I understand correctly that you have to define this for each visual separately? If so, that's a bummer, but maybe it'll be beneficial in the long run to do a style file as complete as possible. 

Heidi Helper I
Helper I

Sorry for the double post! 

I tried your solutions, @SivaMani, but it removed all axis' information. I only want to remove the title information, not the values of the axis. The title is the text below the values. 

Heidi Helper I
Helper I

I got it! I had to change a little bit of the answer @SivaMani gave to get the desired outcome! This gave me the outcome I was looking for: 

"categoryAxis":[{"show":true,"showAxisTitle": false}],
"valueAxis":[{"show":true,"showAxisTitle": false}],

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors