Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick measure for a "multivariable" variable

Hi,

I have created a measure that can display different variables in the same view by clicking in a filter. However, I have had problems trying to create Quick Measures for this variable like Average, MoM% and others. To give you some context let's go through what I have at the moment:

TableTable

Using this table, I created a workaround to select many variables with one filter. The way to do this was the 

New TableNew Table
Measure to use many variables in one graphMeasure to use many variables in one graphResultResult

Now, my problem is that I havent found the way to obtain the next calculations using Quick Measures such as Average, MoM%, etc.

What I want is a calculation for MoM% and Average as example for this exact problem, that way I could continue to create all the other measures that I need.

Thanks in advance,

IC

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you do unpivot column on query edit, then you can simply write formula to summary these values based on their category fields.

Unpivot columns (Power Query)

If you confused on coding formula, please share some sample data for test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what I dont want to do. My table has more than 10 million rows and that would make it even bigger. I wanted a visualization where I could have all the variables together as you saw before in order to reduce the size of my table.

I wanted to know if I could apply the quick measure to that calculated measure or not. Could you create a formula/workaround?

Thanks in advance,

IC

HI @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately, unpivot column features not able apply to measure formulas. You also can't use measure as category to expand detail records.

Regards, 

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.