Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manoplaeli
Helper II
Helper II

Quick calc percentage monthly

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

I am working on employee time and I use quick Calc to show percentage but it show as total as in in the picture. I want to show the percentage of Direct vs Share by monthly. As you can see here if I show this in the graph it doesn't not add up to 100% monthly. 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-display-the-graph-in-percentage-for-daily-monthly/m-p...

I follow this post but it is doen't works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @manoplaeli

I think I misunderstood your problem initially.

I have partially used Query Editor to get the correct results.

I have pivoted the hours column to get the correct data structure in order to solve this problem. There are other solutions as well but I find this convenient.

PivotPivot

Then I have created 3 calculated columns to get the Share and Direct % as shown below.

Results of the pivot columnResults of the pivot columnpro3.PNGSHARE%SHARE%

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @manoplaeli

Write three measures to visulize this.

DirectHours:=CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Hours]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Cost]="Direct"))

ShareHours:=CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Hours]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Cost]="Share"))

Percentages:=DIVIDE([DirectHours],[ShareHours],2)

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks, @BhaveshPatel

Below is the fomular in my table. It only show me Direct Cost.

Capture4.PNG

DirectHours = CALCULATE(SUM('Timesheet Details TSR01'[Hours]),FILTER('Timesheet Details TSR01','Timesheet Details TSR01'[Cost]="Direct Cost"))

ShareHours = CALCULATE(SUM('Timesheet Details TSR01'[Hours]),FILTER('Timesheet Details TSR01','Timesheet Details TSR01'[Cost]="Share Cost"))

Percentage = DIVIDE([DirectHours],[ShareHours],2)

Are you writing measures??

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Yes I wrote in meansure

Capture6.PNG

Hi @manoplaeli

I think I misunderstood your problem initially.

I have partially used Query Editor to get the correct results.

I have pivoted the hours column to get the correct data structure in order to solve this problem. There are other solutions as well but I find this convenient.

PivotPivot

Then I have created 3 calculated columns to get the Share and Direct % as shown below.

Results of the pivot columnResults of the pivot columnpro3.PNGSHARE%SHARE%

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Hi @BhaveshPatel

Thank you very much I got it works now,

Best,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.