Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Quick Insights

I notice after publishing a PBIX workbook to the cloud service, there is a dialogue popup saying "get quick insights".  But once you dismiss this dialogue, how can you "get quick insights"?  I don't find the option anwhere else.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MattAllington It is only available on some datasets (mainly those you upload, not direct query or live connection I believe) - but it should display when you click the elipses next to the dataset if it is available.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@MattAllington It is only available on some datasets (mainly those you upload, not direct query or live connection I believe) - but it should display when you click the elipses next to the dataset if it is available.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

I am not able to see Get quick insight link when I click on ellipses which next to given dataset.

Regards,

Laxmikant Kalkote

@Seth_C_Bauer thanks a lot.  Hard to find!  easy when you know how 🙂

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

For what is a fantastic feature, it would be nice if the method to access it was placed more prominently on the screen.

And when you do find a particularly good one to pin to the dasboard.  The text should go with it.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.