Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Winniethewinner
Helper III
Helper III

Questions on slicer filtering of Dynamic Axis chart

Hi everyone, 

I have an attached sample file

I created a calculated dimension table and added "both" directional relationship to the sample data, using the Index key. By doing so I achieved a dynamic chart by switching the Attribute value, and at the same time I can use the fields as slicer to filter the value as well. - This is exactly what I wanted to achieve. However, I encountered an issue below: 

In the real world, my dataset is using SQL querying from a darabase, and data table contains 4M rows. And I have 8 dynamic dimensions to be switched from, then the dimension table would size about 32M rows, this takes up a lot resource and slow down the performance - making the chart refresh slow when switching dimensions.

I'm wondering if there is a more optimized way, to achieve slicer filtering of Dynamic Axis chart. Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Enable "Personalize visuals"  and teach you users how to use that very powerful and flexible feature.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The ones in the top right corner of your matrix visual

lbendlin_0-1649276793416.png

you can hover over them to learn what they do.

- go up

- enable drill mode

- go down

- expand to next level

Oh I see. I have quite a few dimensions and wanted to give users a more dynamic chart, i.e. chart based on dimension selected, rather than fold all the dimensions under a hierarchy. 

Thanks for the advise though.  

Enable "Personalize visuals"  and teach you users how to use that very powerful and flexible feature.

I just researched and this is definitely an interesting feature which I just learnt today! Thanks for the tips! 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may want to teach your users about the hierarchy navigation arrows instead.  That way you don't need to do any setup and can save space, and your users can still "cycle"  through attributes.

Thanks @lbendlin , would you elaborate more on the hierarchy navigation arrows pls? Not really very familiar with that concept. Thanks in advance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.