Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question with duration type

Hi all I have an excel file with several agents call center calls, and one of the columns is the duration of the calls. I have changed the type from text to duration, but when I use the score card visual, i only see 0.00 , it does not give me the minutes that is what i want. Is there any way to show all decimals ? as the duration is always on minutes, so i have 0.00.04.27 and things like that . Thanks! César

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create a new column using your "duration" column as per the calculation suggested by @amitchandak 

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

@Anonymous 

If it text/varchar

new column in Minute =left([Duration],2)*60 + mid([Duration],4,2) +right([Duration],2)/60

If it is time /timestamp

new column in Minute =hour([Duration])*60 + minute([Duration]) +second([Duration])/60

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , try like in Minute

new column in Minute =left([Duration],1)*24*60 + mid([Duration],3,2)*60 + mid([Duration],6,2)*1+right([Duration],2)/60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak is this a measure? i think I am a bit lost about what i have to do

Thanks 

@Anonymous , New Column. I mentioned that in the name.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create a new column using your "duration" column as per the calculation suggested by @amitchandak 

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a rookie and i think i am lost about how to do that sorry :-S

The name of tjhe column is average time , and the format is 

00:15:28

@Anonymous 

If it text/varchar

new column in Minute =left([Duration],2)*60 + mid([Duration],4,2) +right([Duration],2)/60

If it is time /timestamp

new column in Minute =hour([Duration])*60 + minute([Duration]) +second([Duration])/60

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Just want to check what format did you chnage your TEXT type DURATION column to? Is it time? (hh:mm:ss)
  2. Second question is how did you change a text value to DURATION in Power BI?

Refer following article to correctly convert text value to time value.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Aggregating-Duration-Time/ba-p/22486

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.