Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question with duration type

Hi all I have an excel file with several agents call center calls, and one of the columns is the duration of the calls. I have changed the type from text to duration, but when I use the score card visual, i only see 0.00 , it does not give me the minutes that is what i want. Is there any way to show all decimals ? as the duration is always on minutes, so i have 0.00.04.27 and things like that . Thanks! César

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create a new column using your "duration" column as per the calculation suggested by @amitchandak 

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

@Anonymous 

If it text/varchar

new column in Minute =left([Duration],2)*60 + mid([Duration],4,2) +right([Duration],2)/60

If it is time /timestamp

new column in Minute =hour([Duration])*60 + minute([Duration]) +second([Duration])/60

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , try like in Minute

new column in Minute =left([Duration],1)*24*60 + mid([Duration],3,2)*60 + mid([Duration],6,2)*1+right([Duration],2)/60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak is this a measure? i think I am a bit lost about what i have to do

Thanks 

@Anonymous , New Column. I mentioned that in the name.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to create a new column using your "duration" column as per the calculation suggested by @amitchandak 

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a rookie and i think i am lost about how to do that sorry :-S

The name of tjhe column is average time , and the format is 

00:15:28

@Anonymous 

If it text/varchar

new column in Minute =left([Duration],2)*60 + mid([Duration],4,2) +right([Duration],2)/60

If it is time /timestamp

new column in Minute =hour([Duration])*60 + minute([Duration]) +second([Duration])/60

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Just want to check what format did you chnage your TEXT type DURATION column to? Is it time? (hh:mm:ss)
  2. Second question is how did you change a text value to DURATION in Power BI?

Refer following article to correctly convert text value to time value.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Aggregating-Duration-Time/ba-p/22486

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.