Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jimmart
Regular Visitor

Question regarding transforming a column to remove first character of entries if the value is 0

Hi Guys,

Quite new with PowerBI and just wondering how i can achieve this.

I have a table where a column is existing which is telephone number, now this column is basically a text (dont wish to convert it to integer\number since there are some entries which are texts)

Basically there are some entries which starts with 0 for example. 0123456, I would like it to transform to 123456 while for entries that doesnt start with 0 to just leave it as it is.

Picture of what I would like to achieve.

image.png

I have tried to use after delimeters but it would then take out whats after the subsequent 0's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jimmart 

try to use this technique https://www.absentdata.com/power-bi/remove-leading-zeros-power-bi/ just to set data type as whole number

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jimmart
Regular Visitor

Thanks Guys for the suggestions @amitchandak  @az38 

Ultimately the one that fixed it was the link shared by @az38  thanks again guys for your help.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jimmart 

try to use this technique https://www.absentdata.com/power-bi/remove-leading-zeros-power-bi/ just to set data type as whole number

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.