Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmccarthy
Frequent Visitor

Question regarding the potential performance improvement for turning off 'Allow data preview to down

I have a question regarding the potential performance improvement for turning off 'Allow data preview to download preview in the background' and also turning off 'Auto Date/Time'. I have a report that takes about 30 minutes to refresh when scheduled daily, there are multiple datasets/queries within the report with numerous date fields in the report and a few million rows returned between all of the datasets. There is a lot of talk of turning off the mentioned options but when I test there is no difference in time when published. Is the download preview option only effective at reducing the time to refresh within the desktop application itself and in reality it has no impact on a scheduled refresh? I believe my main issue is that Power BI is kicking off running each query multiple times as i can see them running when i check. Any ideas whhy is Power BI running the same queries more than once based on experience?
1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmccarthy,

Here is the brief introduction. To get a better explanation for this, you may create a support ticket.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.