Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bsas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Question regarding MAX function

Hi Community,

I have question reqarding function MAX. I have 2 dates in my report: close date and billing date. Close date is column with dates, billing date I calculate with formula below:

IF(AND(MONTH('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21)=1,
YEAR('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21)=2018),DATE(2017,12,1),
DATE(2017,MONTH('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21),1)))

But when I'm trying to use this calculation in measure in fuction MAX I receive message that MAX can only use a column as value. My question is how I can get around this limitation or maybe there is other solution? (I've tried, LastDate is not working in this case).

I can't create billing date as a calculated column because I need to use close date as slicer in 2 different visual plots and I have other table were close date is used for relationship.

My Measure

0test_b.Won_cumulative_billing = CALCULATE(SUM(Acc_Opp[new_runrate]),
                            FILTER(FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Acc_Opp),Acc_Opp[Opp-ty Status] = "1.Won"), 
                             (IF(AND(MONTH('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21)=1,YEAR('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21)=2018),DATE(2017,12,1),
DATE(2017,MONTH('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21),1))) <= MAX(IF(AND(MONTH('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21)=1,
YEAR('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21)=2018),DATE(2017,12,1),DATE(2017,MONTH('Acc_Opp'[closedate]+21),1)))))

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bsas,

Try to add billing date as a calculated column. It won't affect other columns. You can post your issue here if you encounter it.

0test_b.Won_cumulative_billing = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Acc_Opp[new_runrate] ),
    FILTER (
        FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Acc_Opp ), Acc_Opp[Opp-ty Status] = "1.Won" ),
        (
            IF (
                AND (
                    MONTH ( 'Acc_Opp'[closedate] + 21 )
                        = 1,
                    YEAR ( 'Acc_Opp'[closedate] + 21 )
                        = 2018
                ),
                DATE ( 2017, 12, 1 ),
                DATE ( 2017, MONTH ( 'Acc_Opp'[closedate] + 21 ), 1 )
            )
        )
            <= MAX (
                [Billing Date]
            )
    )
)

Question regarding MAX function.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-jiascu-msft,

Already done as calculated column, but there is problem I need to use 2 different dates in 2 plots, one is close date, second is billing date. And if I use billing date instead of close date other data (tables) which are linked by date to close date ane not working correctly.

I think about dublicating data (split into 2 tables) and use with responsible plot.

Hi @bsas,

Did you use two slicers? They interact with each other. If so, you can try this function as the picture shows.Question regarding MAX function2.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

I use one slicer, but problem is not in slicer but in column which I use for visual. Close date <> Billing date, so relationships from different table can't be linked to close date and billing date as they are in 1 table. Thats why I'm trying not to create billing date as calculate table but somehow transfrom close date to billing date in measures to use in calculations. 

Hi @bsas,

Glad you solved it. Just a discussion, if the scenario is one table will connect to two columns of another table, we can use function USERELATIONSHIP. 

Best Regards!

Dale

lisawinck
Regular Visitor

Hello, Try using a new column rather than a new measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.