Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SCD

Question: order fulfillment based on running total

Hi guys, 

I have 1 year experience with PowerBI and this is my first post on the forum. Sorry if I did not explain the question clearly or there is already an answer. 

The problem is, the business requires to cancel some customer orders, based on material available quantity. 

- Customer orders are based on Material / plant, and will be fulfilled by Order Sequence. 

- If the Available Quantity is > Order Quantity, then this line can be fulfilled. 

- If the Available Quantity < Order Quantity, then this line needs to be cancelled

- repeat the process for all orders. 

Below is an example. 

• first line: no issue
  • 3rd line: cannot fulfill
  • 4th line: no issue

Is it possible to write an DAX expression, to determine which order should be fulfilled or cancelled? 

MaterialPlantOrder SequenceOrder QtyAvailable QtyBalance After OrderOrder Fulfill? 
AX12001000800Y
AX23001000500Y
AX39001000500N
AX41001000400Y
AX53001000100Y
AX65001000100N
AX710010000Y
AX820010000N
3 REPLIES 3
sritha55

Hi @SCD,

Hope you are doing good. I have got the exact requirement. could you please share the solution if you have achieved it. It would be very helpful.

Thanks,

sritha

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @SCD ,

Is this your current table layout or the desired output?

Hi Davehus, 

Thank you for the reply. 

Material, Plant, Order Sequence, Order Qty and Available Qty is my current table layout. 

I wish to have the last 2 columns as output. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.