Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kimchizal
Helper II
Helper II

Question on the DAX function ALL

For the DAX function ALL applied on a specific column, does that ignore any other filters/slicers that might affect that column?

Say we have 3 tables of Order, Product, and Manufacturer all with some relationships to each other. And I have 2 slicers, one on Product.Product_name and Manufacturer.Country.

If I have

AvgComparison = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Order[RevenueDollars]), ALL('Product'[Product_name]))

does this ignore changes on the Manufacturer.Country filter since there's a relationship between the two tables?

I'm just not seeing my data change when I update the Manufacturer.Country slicer.

If possible, I'd like this measure AvgComparison to ignore filters on the exact Product[Product_name] field but apply any filters from the Manufacturer[Country] field. Is there a way to denote that with a DAX formula or function?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kimchizal,

Your formula seems good enough to get the desired result. It could be something wrong with your mode. Please share a sample. Please mask the sensitive data first.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @kimchizal

You need to show the structure of your tables and detail their relationships at the very least. "... all with some relationships to each other... " is not quite enough to figure out what is going on. Or share the pbix 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.