Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about the Ribbon Chart

Hello Community  -  Does anyone know what the 89.58% number represents?   I see that it appears to be adding the two percentages together, but what is it actually a measure of?

Ribbon.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You are hovering between June and July, so it shows the % change between the months.
-56.25 minus 33.33 = -89.58 This is the negative growth % 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

As you haven't provided complete information around what metrics you have moved to this chart, I tried the ribbon chart at my end with a simple metric overtime:

Pragati11_0-1627233078125.png

In the above chart I have shown Sales overtime split by different clothing categories.

When I hover over the ribbon portion of August 2014, I see a tooltip which ives me following information:

1. Sales for Shirts for July 2014
  2. Sales for Shirts August 2014
  3. Difference in sales for above 2 months (negative as it is gone down in August as compared to July)
  4. In the month of July, a ranking is created for sales against all the different clothing categories; out of which Shirts generated the most sales and is ranked 1 as compared to other categories on the chart.
  5. Similarly a ranking for the Shirts category for the month of August.
  6. Last but not tht least, a chnage in the ranks for the Shirts category on sales.

I suspect in your case you are moving a proportion metric or a distinct count metric as a percentage. (not clear to me with your screenshot).

You can relate the description from my chart to your's and hopefully the tooltip information is clear to you.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You are hovering between June and July, so it shows the % change between the months.
-56.25 minus 33.33 = -89.58 This is the negative growth % 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.