Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bolabuga
Helper V
Helper V

Question about slicers.

Hello everyone, 

I have been questioned from co-workers if i could have images attached to slicer choices. Let me try to make a scenario.

Lets supose i have a slicer for products. Is there any way to show the product image based on the slicer specific choice???

Thks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@bolabuga yep, you can do this directly with a custom visual the "Chiclet Slicer" There have been some great modifications to the OTB slicers, but I can't recall testing to see if an image works as a slicer in them yet...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

@bolabuga Maybe I mis-understood the question.. If you are asking if a slicer can effect a different "Image" visual then absolutely. Add the Image URL into your dataset (model) - and change the data category type to "Image URL"

Then you can add that to table visuals, but my favorite for this purpose is the custom visual "Image Viewer"

Essentially, add the Image URL (make sure its in on a web server or somewhere online that the PBI Service can access the image). to your dataset, and it works just like any other data element in terms of slicing and filtering.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@bolabuga yep, you can do this directly with a custom visual the "Chiclet Slicer" There have been some great modifications to the OTB slicers, but I can't recall testing to see if an image works as a slicer in them yet...

Thks Eno, it isnt exactly what i had in mind, but it certainly can be used. :).

@bolabuga Maybe I mis-understood the question.. If you are asking if a slicer can effect a different "Image" visual then absolutely. Add the Image URL into your dataset (model) - and change the data category type to "Image URL"

Then you can add that to table visuals, but my favorite for this purpose is the custom visual "Image Viewer"

Essentially, add the Image URL (make sure its in on a web server or somewhere online that the PBI Service can access the image). to your dataset, and it works just like any other data element in terms of slicing and filtering.

Jackpot, that is what i had in mind. Really thks Eno. 

Another chart to throw on the report view that show a picture of my slicer current selection :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.