Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about cities in a map

Hello everyone ! 

I use a map on Powerbi (Bing) to see a geographic distribution about users. 

To create that, I use cities and zip codes that users enter by themself when they buy a product. For example, I will have some different name for one city (Paris / Pari / Parie / Parisse etcc) or a zip code with a letter or with 2 numbers. 

I think that there is no solution to resolve this issue because the data come from users (and humans are stupid so there is a lot of errors). 

But I was wondering if a solution with the way to use a "database" where every cities (more than 100 people) and to make an "if the name of the city partially matches with a city in the database, the name of the city becomes the name of the city in the list"

I think that even if this technic works, it will takes to much time in Powerbi (certainly in python, it will works)

Give me your opinion about this subject and if you had this problem in your life and you solved it, I'm very curious to know how ! 

Thank you ! 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to assist you. I cannot use screenshots of your source data.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.