Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sbkstyl
Frequent Visitor

Question - Show all date values on x axis according to a format Month and Year?

Hello,

I have a graph in which I want to show in the x axis all existing values month-year with that format (Oct-2018, Nov-2018... etc), but actually only a few number of these values are showed:

My date field is a datetime, but the x axis configuration options doesn't allow to configure the way the values are displayed, only automatic, or all of them when changing from continuous to cathegorical but this shows data day by day and it's really inconvenient and doesn't suit the requirements I have.

I thought that maybe I would create a field with that information so I modified my source of the data to add a column in which every row has the Month-Year information, but doing this I need to make a aggregation to my values field, which would be the average, but the information is not displayed with the accuracy required:

What I want is the X axis from 2nd image, but with data values from 1st image, something like this montage:

Is this possible with PBI?

Thanks for the help and have a nice weekend.

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6
sbkstyl
Frequent Visitor

Hello guys,

Any updates about this?

Regards.

sbkstyl
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Wonder if no one knows about this, or maybe no one has needed before.

Thanks.

Regards.

Hi,

I'm starting to think that this requirement is impossible with current PBI features...

Regards.

Hello guys,

I will not get tired of asking this again and again... Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Is there any solution or workaround for this?

Thank you.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need your date field to be datetime? If you do couldn't you create another column that is just month and year? Might resolve your issue although it is hard to test without a sample file. 

Hi,

Thanks for your response, but in fact, that is what I did, I created a field with the Month-Year information but the information is not displayed with the required precission, that's what I mentioned in my first post.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.