Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joaoguedes
Regular Visitor

Querying multiple hierarchies of the same dimension is not supported with SAP Business Warehouse

I am working with Power BI Desktop version with SAP BW.

When I choose "import" and select any Query in my BW side that has a InfoObject with Hierarchy, the following error message is displayed:

"Querying multiple hierarchies of the same dimension is not supported with SAP Business Warehouse"

Why ? What I need to do ?

Even if I only select this InfoObject alone, this error occours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-huizhn-msft I found out the problem, seems that if a infoObject has hierarchy and when you select the level 1 and hierarchy of the InfoObject to transport to Power BI, it's a problem, because Power BI don't know witch one you are going to use to represent in the report, but in my opinion, should bring both and in the report, I will choose, with one I want to use.

I saw a this thread "SAP BW Data Load Performance and Limitation Issues" and it's happen to almost the same thing, when I import the SAP BW data and choose many characteristcs and key figures, the system runs for ever and consume a lot of CPU processing and memory and don't finishs, I open a thread about this.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
lalankanade

I do not see how the issue was resolved, I am still getting the same error in import mode

Can someone specify how to fix the issue, is it something on the Bex Query designer or something in PowerBi

Lalan

Hello, you have to expand infoprovider and select a checkbox only for [Infoprovider name] Level 1, see screenshot, please.PBI_multiple_hierarchies_error.png

I am still getting the error despite of selecting 1 checkbox for level 1 hierarchy. 

Thanks for illustrated this, but I figure out later.

I thought so, I just posted it for other members looking up this thread when encountering the very same issue.

Hi @lalankanade, the problem occours when you select both hierarchy and level 1 of the characteristics, just choose one of them to select.

lalankanade

There is no mention of  how teh probelm is resolved

Can some one explain how to fix that, I too am getting the same error

Lalan

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @joaoguedes,

It seems that querying multiple hierarchies of the same dimension is not supported with SAP Business Warehouse, you only import the data into Power BI desktop when you use import mode. I post the following thread, hope they are useful.

SAP BW Attributes not showing up in Power BI [SAP Business Warehouse Connector]
DataSource.Error on loading date hierarchy in SAP BW Query

SAP BW Data Load Performance and Limitation Issues

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft I found out the problem, seems that if a infoObject has hierarchy and when you select the level 1 and hierarchy of the InfoObject to transport to Power BI, it's a problem, because Power BI don't know witch one you are going to use to represent in the report, but in my opinion, should bring both and in the report, I will choose, with one I want to use.

I saw a this thread "SAP BW Data Load Performance and Limitation Issues" and it's happen to almost the same thing, when I import the SAP BW data and choose many characteristcs and key figures, the system runs for ever and consume a lot of CPU processing and memory and don't finishs, I open a thread about this.

Hi @joaoguedes,

Ok, I am glad to hear you found out the problem by yourself, could you please mark your reply as answer, so that we can close the thread and other people can get useful information from here easily.

Thanks,
Angelia

Done, thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.