Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Doodle
Advocate II
Advocate II

Query to Sharepoint in Excel doesn't retrieve full results, PBI Query does - please help

I created some queries in PQ in Power BI desktop. The query is to a sharepoint folder of excel files, filters results and then pulls in the data from those filtered excel files.

I then copied and pasted the all the Queries and Query Folders (queries, help queries, paramters, sample query, etc.) from PBI to Excel. In total, I copied over 6 query groups.  Of those, 4 worked as expected, but then the 5th and 6th queries returned errors, saying that the table of data could not be found.

In looking into the queries, it seems that PBI queries can find the folder and the files but Power Query in Excel cannot. Please see the snap shot. Literally everything is exactly the same in terms of query, code and links. 

Capture.PNG 

Any ideas? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Doodle 

Your question is out the scope of power bi, Please kindly raise your question to power query | excel forum for better advice:

https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-forum/power-query

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Doodle 

Your question is out the scope of power bi, Please kindly raise your question to power query | excel forum for better advice:

https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/excel-forum/power-query

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.