Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query string creates separate filter on the same column

I have 2 filters table_names and aggregation_date. Users can select them based on their need. User access reports by searching from the directory of App. this is how their filter panel looks:

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 5.23.56 PM.png

I also send reports to some users with pre-selected filters (using query string). The users who access the report using the query string link see two filters for the same columns, which is confusing. Is there is a way to have just one of them? 

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 5.16.47 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

After my test, it works well here. 

The filter will not change after sharing with others, please check whether you added a new filter for same field before sharing.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks for looking at my question 🙂  Answering to your question, I double-checked, it is the same report and I have not added another visual filter.

This is how I share with a query string and it creates a separate filter for table_names and set it. I was expecting it to use the existing table_names filter. 

report_link?filter=daily_time_series_data/table_names eq 'action__2_0'

Note: I have a check that both the filters come from the same table and same column. 

Just adding more details, both the filters show the same value. However, the existing filter shows 'All' label. Which is very confusing

for end-user. Here are expanded and collapsed filters screenshot.

It works, but the user experience is suffering. Thanks for helping here 🙂 

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.06.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.08.03 AM.png 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.