Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Giorgiik_90
Frequent Visitor

Query properties - disabling load to report while including in the dataset refresh

Hello All,

I've encountered a problem in desktop app (Jun18 release): 

What I am trying to buildup is appending 10 individual queries together (10 excel files, regularly updated on the sharepoint) into 1 table, which is than going to  be loaded into the report. I do not need those 10 source files to be loaded as I will not buildup any visuals around those.

Therefore I thought unchecking "Enable load to report" field in the Query Properties and keeping the "Include in report refresh" checked would work. What I found out is that the second checkbox is always automatically unchecked when I try to disable the load to report option. This would basically mean that data won't refresh at all in my opinion, right?

...thought that the setup "disable load & enable refresh" was previously possible...

I welcome any help on this topic.

Thank you in advance,

Jiri

Query_properties.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Giorgiik_90,

It affects only the current query.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Giorgiik_90,

It affects only the current query.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft Thank you - actually your note helped as I forgot I need to do right click in the query pane, not the query properties :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.