Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query in Table relationship and Visual

Hello Guys, hope you are well.

I have face one difficulties that would like to request for your kind assitance. 

Based on the screenshot below, the both supplier performance table have a dependency towards the calender table. 

nicksonteh_3-1660625964182.png

However, when i created a visual. (X axis= "Date" from calendar, Y axis = column from supplier performance table, secondary y axis = from another supplier performance table). 

if appear something as below. does not show a relationship beweetn both supplier performance and calender table

nicksonteh_1-1660625831587.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Filters flow in the direction of the arrow along the relationship so the fitler on the calendar table can flow down to the invoice data but it cannot flow back "up" (against the arrow) to the supplier so it does not get sent down to the Supplier Performance tables.  
You can make this relationship bi-directional so that the invoice data table can filter the supplier table.

jdbuchanan71_0-1660626691808.png

If you right click on the line you can set the fitler direction to "Both"

View solution in original post

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

This should be bi-directional

ribisht17_0-1660626861886.png

Learn more >> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/relationships-bidirectional-filtering

Thanks,

Ritesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Put a year slicer on your report so you can see if it is data from a different year.  If you are showing just month name, January - 2021 and January - 2022 are both just January so you might be getting multiple years together.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

This should be bi-directional

ribisht17_0-1660626861886.png

Learn more >> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/relationships-bidirectional-filtering

Thanks,

Ritesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @ribisht17 

Thanks for replying but i found out there is one issues i have encounter. 

I have change the relationship to bi-directional, 

nicksonteh_2-1660631027906.png

I have created a chart as below using (X axis= "Date" from calendar, Y axis = column from supplier performance table, secondary y axis = from another supplier performance table).

But this issue is that, i dont have data from January to May in both supplier performance dataset. however, the chart is showing there is data from Jan to May 

nicksonteh_3-1660631027908.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much for your help!!

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Filters flow in the direction of the arrow along the relationship so the fitler on the calendar table can flow down to the invoice data but it cannot flow back "up" (against the arrow) to the supplier so it does not get sent down to the Supplier Performance tables.  
You can make this relationship bi-directional so that the invoice data table can filter the supplier table.

jdbuchanan71_0-1660626691808.png

If you right click on the line you can set the fitler direction to "Both"

Anonymous
Not applicable

waooo, it works !! this is something new to me !. thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.