Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

miltenburger
Helper V
Helper V

Query in DirectQuery

Hi all,

Hope you guys are alright. I have a question about the DirectQuery method since my database is to big to import.

Now we are using a sql statement, by using the sql report editor to show some facts about last weeks employees.

My question is,

Can i use following query directly in DirectQuery to import the right data and how does it work?

Spoiler

SET DATEFIRST 1 ;

WITH temp ( Account , DayOfWeek , Duration , TickID , WeekNumber , Year) AS

(

SELECT [User]

,DatePart(dw,[CreatedDateTime])

,[Minutes]

,[TicketNumber]

,DatePart("ww",[CreatedDateTime]) AS WeekNumber

,DatePart("yyyy",[CreatedDateTime]) AS Year

FROM [ksubscribers].[kasadmin].[vSDTicketNotes]

),

temp1 (Account_Closed , WKNr_Closed , Y_Closed , Amount_Closed) AS

(

SELECT [Assignee]

,DatePart("ww",[Closed]) AS WeekNumber

,DatePart("yyyy",[Closed]) AS Year

,Count(*)

FROM [ksubscribers].[kasadmin].[vSDTicket]

GROUP BY [Assignee] , DatePart("ww",[Closed]) , DatePart("yyyy",[Closed])

)

Select Account , DayOfWeek , SUM(Duration) AS Duration , TickID , COUNT(*) AS Amount , WeekNumber , Year , temp1.Amount_Closed from temp

INNER JOIN temp1 ON temp1.WKNr_Closed = WeekNumber and temp1.Y_Closed = Year and temp1.Account_Closed = Account

WHERE Duration > 0 and Account Like 'itsn%' and TickID like 'CH%' and Year = 2017

GROUP BY Account , WeekNumber , Year , DayOfWeek , TickID , temp1.Amount_Closed

Do you have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@miltenburger wrote:

Maybe to make it more clear for you guys.

What i actually want is:

Get data from my Kaseya database (SQL), but i don't want all the tables with all the rows,

i only want data from last 7 days from several tables (This is what the query above does)

@miltenburger

I don't have Kaseya DB at hand, per my knowledge on SQL Server, in Power BI, when using DirectQuery mode, the leading SET statement and CTE expressions are not supported, you'll have remove the SET statement and replace CTEs with derived tables.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
miltenburger
Helper V
Helper V

What i actually want is:

Get data from my Kaseya database (SQL), but i don't want all the tables with all the rows,

i only want data from last 7 days from several tables (This is what the query above does)

@miltenburger wrote:

What i actually want is:

@miltenburger

I don't have Kaseya DB at hand, per my knowledge on SQL Server, in Power BI, when using DirectQuery mode, the leading SET statement and CTE expressions are not supported, you'll have remove the SET statement and replace CTEs with derived tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.