Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Borntoreport
Helper II
Helper II

Query error: Working storage is limited

Hello community,

when I edit queries in PowerBI Desktop and increase my data volume I receive the following error "Data.Source.Error:AnalysisServices - Your working space is limited". I have 32 GB in memory and only 4,5 GB in usage and definitely enough working space.

Under options at PowerBI desktop I have seen that the standard limitation is 4096 MB and changed it to 20 GB, but it has no effect. Do you have any recommendations?

4 REPLIES 4
HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Borntoreport From the error it seems you are trying to connect with Analysis Services OLAP or Tabular models. If yes, then why you are importing the data? you can connect directly with SSAS in Live mode.

@HarrisMalik Good point! So far I have always imported my data. After your comment I have tried to change from import to live connection, but it does not work. For the moment it is fine for me to import. It always works until 4 to 4,5 GB, but when I try to upload more data I receive the error.

@Borntoreport what is the problem/error/issue when you try to connect SSAS in live mode?

@HarrisMalik: Sorry for my late response. I can not upload the screenshot of the error, but it says "Unexpected error - the model scheme was unable to load". I have made a tracking of this error and sent it to the Power BI support. Thank you for your help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.