Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swoolley
Frequent Visitor

Query editor showing different rows to the table after merging

Situation: I have two tables both containing different data regarding 3 Identity columns.

I have merged them and formatted the result to my liking then applied the resulting table.

When I then view this new merged table via the data tab it shows more rows that what were shown in the query editor, these additional rows dont have the formatting that I had applied but do seem to be related to one or other of the original tables.

Is there anyway I can see these additional rows or ensure that they pick up the formatting that I need for my visuals to work?

1 REPLY 1
pqian
Employee
Employee

As of now there is a maximum number of cells that can be displayed in the queries editor. We are working to lift this restrictions in the future.

Fow now, you have a few workarounds as options:

1. You can use the queries editor side by side to the data grid. If you see the anomaly in the data view, you can formalize a plan to fix them and then apply the fix in the queries editor.

2. You can skip top x rows in the queries editor by clicking on the table menu on the top left corner of the table. This generates a step which you can later delete when you are done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.