Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swoolley
Frequent Visitor

Query editor showing different rows to the table after merging

Situation: I have two tables both containing different data regarding 3 Identity columns.

I have merged them and formatted the result to my liking then applied the resulting table.

When I then view this new merged table via the data tab it shows more rows that what were shown in the query editor, these additional rows dont have the formatting that I had applied but do seem to be related to one or other of the original tables.

Is there anyway I can see these additional rows or ensure that they pick up the formatting that I need for my visuals to work?

1 REPLY 1
pqian
Employee
Employee

As of now there is a maximum number of cells that can be displayed in the queries editor. We are working to lift this restrictions in the future.

Fow now, you have a few workarounds as options:

1. You can use the queries editor side by side to the data grid. If you see the anomaly in the data view, you can formalize a plan to fix them and then apply the fix in the queries editor.

2. You can skip top x rows in the queries editor by clicking on the table menu on the top left corner of the table. This generates a step which you can later delete when you are done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.