Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query editor replacing values based on another column

I am working with data involving manufacturing utilization from two sources, one table of just machine and scheduled hours, and another of machine, run hours, and some more classification columns such as manufacturing cell.  There are some instances where a machine didn't run one day so there is no run hour data for it but it was scheduled to run for 24 hours.

When I merge the data sets by date and machine, and there is no production data for a press that was scheduled, it fills the rest of the columns with "null" (See pic). For reporting purposes I need to have sums of run and scheduled hours by MFGCELL. Through looking this up, I've seen a replace value formula can help but can one be used to replace all the nulls with "PLANT 5" if the value in the machine column is 0501-0556, PLANT 1 if machine is 0101-0110, etc?merge pic.PNG

1 REPLY 1
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi@Anonymous ,

1.   When there is  production data for a press then for the MFGCELL column is it always

"PLANT 5" if the value in the machine column is 0501-0556,

PLANT 1 if machine is 0101-0110 etc.

2. If this is the case , create a table with Machine and Plant like

0501, PLANT5

0502,PLANT5

0101,PLANT1

0110,PLANT1

3. Merge the first table with the second table on Machine and get the column value of Plant from second value.

If you upload sampledata, pbix to Google / One Drive and share the link may be I can help.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.