Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query editor group by will not count rows to create an Agg table

i am in query editor trying to use the group by function to create a Agg table but when i choose count rows it will not let me pick a column .   

GroupBy.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Because there's no need to select a column when you select "Count Rows". The result is not related to the specific colums.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain a bit more.. i am not following

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are saying that the column that you select is irrelevant because it will be the same amount of rows no matter what column you choose.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They are saying that the column that you select is irrelevant because it will be the same amount of rows no matter what column you choose.

even if its countdistinct rows?

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

That's the default behaviour.  It has all the information it needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.