Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexeyRusinov
Helper II
Helper II

Query editor, building table preview takes infinite time

Hello everyone,

I'm building quite a big data model from a complex CRM Online data source, which requires a lot of table editing, merging, etc. Starting frm yesterday I started to notice that I cannot see tables preview anymore. It just keeps loading all the time, and nothing happens. However, when I click "Apply Changes", it takes some time but loads successfully.
What could be the probably cause of preview freezing?

UPDATE: also problems when adding a custom column now, it just keeps thinking for infinite...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

in your file/options and settings / options

have you played with these at all?  not sure what the impact will be if you untick the allow data to preview in the background?

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

in your file/options and settings / options

have you played with these at all?  not sure what the impact will be if you untick the allow data to preview in the background?

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg Thank you very much. I've unticked two last options, and that do the trick. Preview is loading slowly, but stable every time.

I followed these steps but my preview is still not showing up. How long does it take for you?

In case it still helps anyone: deleting the cache worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.