Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query editor bug: list may be incomplete

Hello,

I have a bug in Query editor. It say, 'the list may be incomplete' - I click 'load more' - Apply and Close. But when checking, the list is wrapping again. It affects filtering tables in visuals, especially when I test it through Roles. I hope there is a solution.

Kind regards,

Taisiya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, it seems like clearing cache helped to solve the problem. Thank you for your help, anyway.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Whitmor

Hey there!

Were you able to figure it out? I am coming across same error.

Please advise a solution that worked for you.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That message is not a bug, it is an indicator that you are previewing the first 100 or so rows of the data. I don't know what you mean by the list is "wrapping"?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture3.PNG

I have 20 companies, but only the data for 1 is shown. Other companies are not filtering even after 'load more'. I do 'load more', but nothing changes.

OK, let's tackle why this is an issue as in what you are trying to do. You are seeing this in Power Query, correct? But, when you load the report for real, Close and Apply, it is going to load ALL of the data, not just the preview stuff. So, you can then use that in your RLS definitions. Right?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it SHOULD load ALL the data. But when I view through role where I specified data for which companies I can see, I cannot see anything from that 'hided' list

So you are viewing it from a role that does not have access to all of the values and you are wondering why you can't see all of the values? I'm confused.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, of course not. Look. I have 20 companies. According to the role, I should see companies number 5, 6, 7, and 8. In the Query Editor, the preview shows me only company number 4. It results in, when I Close and Apply after Load more, and go to View as Role, I cannot see any data (cause I should see data for companies 5-8, and in Query Editor those were hided, and Load More didn't help). I hope I explained myself clearly enough now 🙂

OK, let me make sure I have this clear now.

1. You are in Desktop with a data model built, all of the data loaded and RLS enabled.

2. You switch to viewing your report as a specific role

3. While still viewing as this role, you open Query Editor and reload your data

4. Now you can't see anything

Do I have the steps correct for repeating this?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Opposite. I firstly open Query Editor and reload data and then apply other steps

OK, so then when you reload all of the data and you are NOT using an RLS role, then all you see in the data itself if you go to the data model and sort the entire table is -1 and 4? You don't see any of your other data?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, it seems like clearing cache helped to solve the problem. Thank you for your help, anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I don't use RLS, then yes, I do see the full list of companies. However, if I use RLS, I get empty reports cause RLS is established to see companies 5-8, and they are not 'unhided' from the query list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean that when I try to filter rows through RLS, cause of this 'load more' and cause of that not all companies are shown (they are hidden under 'load more', the data is not shown.

In other tables everything is OK, but in this crucial one it's not and I don't know how to deal with this bug

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.