Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kingkong
Frequent Visitor

Query Return Different Result in Desktop than when Published to Workspace

I have a query to calculate sales score with the sales%(image 1), it is calculating correctly in desktop (image 2), but when I published the report to the workspace and check right away, the sales score does not follow the query logic(image 3). For example,  13.12%*30*5 =19.67, which is correct on the desktop(image 2) calculation, but returned 40.72 when published to the workspace. I download the report to check what's wrong after it gets published, the calculation is fine again. Can anyone let me know what is causing the issue? 

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kingkong,

I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side. 

Please remove the report on Power BI service, and re-upload it directly from Service via clicking on "Get data" to see if problem persists. If possible, please share the sample .pbix file for check. Please mask the senssitive data before sharing.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response! But getting data directly from the service didn't solve the issue. So I want to rank the strategic group by category and marketplace. In the desktop version, when either of those filters is selected, the rank appears to be fine and the calculation for sales score is correct, but when published to the service, the calculation and rank get messed yo with these filter selected. When I published the table without the rank column, the sales score is calculating correctly regardless of filter selected. So I think must be something to do with the rank formula. 

( In Service with filters selected)

tempsnip5.png (In Service with no filter selected)
tempsnip6.png

Capturtem3.JPG Rank Query

(Desktop no filter selected)tempsnip.png(Desktop with filter selected)tempsnip2.png

Thank you for the response! But getting data directly from the service didn't solve the issue. So I want to rank the strategic group by category and marketplace. In the desktop version, when either of those filters is selected, the rank appears to be fine and the calculation for sales score is correct, but when published to the service, the calculation and rank get messed yo with these filter selected. When I published the table without the rank column, the sales score is calculating correctly regardless of filter selected. So I think must be something to do with the rank formula. 

( In Service with filters selected)

tempsnip5.png (In Service with no filter selected)
tempsnip6.png

Capturtem3.JPG Rank Query

(Desktop no filter selected)tempsnip.png(Desktop with filter selected)tempsnip2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.