cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antoine_fort
Frequent Visitor

Query Editor on Power BI Cloud

Hello,

I would like to know if I can access the Query Editor to transform my Data with Power BI Cloud ? I am already using Power BI Destkop to do it but I would like to do it on the web page of Power BI.

Thanks,

Antoine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, the Query Editor is only available in Desktop. The cloud Service does not allow you to edit a published Dataset.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is possible.  Use "dataflow", you are able to use "Power Query Editor"

Why are you bumping a thread to answer a question when the person asking it hasn't logged into the community for two years?

AlB
Super User III
Super User III

@jthomson 

The glaringly obvious answer is that there are about 100K people in this community other that the person asking

@Anonymous 

Many thanks for the update on this. Isn't your link a bit off, though? (since it seems to deal with AI  on dataflows rather than dataflows in general). Perhaps this would be more accurate:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-introduction-self-service 

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

No, the Query Editor is only available in Desktop. The cloud Service does not allow you to edit a published Dataset.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors