Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

agustinsuarez
Regular Visitor

Query Editor - Transformation - Replace values: use of wildcard

Hi,

is there a way to use wildcards in the "Replace Value" modal-window?

I am using a german version of Power BI, and therefore I don't really know which is the english text for the "Replace Value" function. But what I am trying to do is to delete all html link tags from one of my columns.

1. Query Editor
  2. Transformation
  3. Replace Values
    • Search Text = <a href=*>
    • Replace with = <empty>

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If there are more different HTML-signs there, check out this post, where you'll find many links to HTML-cleanup-codes:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afe68023-2d06-4270-ac4d-4416a60fdf49/i-have-a-colu...

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool dude.

pls look this screen shot it will help to solve your problem.

Sample DatasetSample Dataset

Add Condition ColumnAdd Condition Column

Final resultFinal result

Finally remove the old column. 

let me know if any help

Hi Baskar,

thanks for the effort, but the problem is that the  column never starts with an <a> tag.

If there are more different HTML-signs there, check out this post, where you'll find many links to HTML-cleanup-codes:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afe68023-2d06-4270-ac4d-4416a60fdf49/i-have-a-colu...

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Thanks ImkeF,

this is what I needed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.