Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wojcik_J
Helper I
Helper I

Query Editor-Replace Errors in Date column with latest date

Hello,

i have a file where in one of the columns i have dates or text value "History".

What i want to do in the query editor is to replace the "History" with latest date in the column.

What i tried was :

1. Convert the column to "Date" datatype which result with the "History" cells changing to Error

2. Replacing Errors with latest value from the column.

I looked into how filtering latest date transform to code in advanced editor and came up with below:

#"Replaced Errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type", let latest = List.Max(#"Changed Type"[Date when data was loaded to database]) in each {{"Date",latest}})

/

#"Replaced Errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type", let latest = List.Max(#"Changed Type"[Date when data was loaded to database]) in each Date.From(latest))

But they are giving error :

error.png

Can you help me with correcting it ? 

Below example dataset :

dataset.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Wojcik_J ,

I would write it like so:

Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type", {{"Date", List.Max(Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(#"Changed Type", {"Date"})[Date])}})

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ImkeF 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Wojcik_J ,

I would write it like so:

Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type", {{"Date", List.Max(Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(#"Changed Type", {"Date"})[Date])}})

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Works, thank you for your support ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors