Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thakks
Helper I
Helper I

Query Dependencies View

query dependency skewed for query iterating tokenized or static page. Separate node for each iteration! Is this expected behaviour 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @thakks,

I test on my side and it works, which version of power bi you used? It will be help if you share the detail contents.

Regarcs,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Say for example you scrapping the details form the web page and iterating through all the static or dynamic page to extract the details. To do this we will end up using List.Generate to traverse through the web page output in multiple pages. What Power BI is doing is that it shows all the iteration as a separate node in the query dependency. So if you iterating around 10 pages, it will show 10 seperate node on the query dependency and visually its wont be user friendly.

In the diagram below, it is showing https://graph.facebook.com from where i am extracting all the posts. The diagram is only for post published since 15 July and it has only one node for that query. 

image.png

Now the same query dependency will have node for a each page iterated by the query to extract the Facebook Posts. To me that doesn't really make the query plan user friendly, instead it should have , something like 1..10 to show 10 call made to that node to extract all the posts. So if i extract post that needs iterating two pages the query dependecies will have two node as shown below

image.png

Now if i have a separate query to extract facebook metrics for each post, i will have a separate node on the query dependecies for each call made to facebook API. So for 1000 posts i will have 1000 node on the query plan, which wont make any sense.

HI @thakks,

>> Now if i have a separate query to extract facebook metrics for each post, i will have a separate node on the query dependecies for each call made to facebook API. So for 1000 posts i will have 1000 node on the query plan, which wont make any sense.

So you want to merge these similar node to a list to make view more humanize, right ?

If this is a case, current it not support this feature, I think you can submit an ideas about this requirement.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-shex-msft . I have now raised the idea here

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.