Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ElpatoDBA
Helper II
Helper II

Query Changes error

Hi guys

I have applied supposedly an upgrade over Power Bi Desktop, I have downloaded the "latest" version without realising that version coming up in Spanish. I applied all and start to work normally. One day I open up my pbix file and notice that Power BI Desktop loaded in Spanish, which was weird for me but; I just keep forward with my job. I started that notice was wrong when some reports do not show anything and apparently, the information comes normally from database and datasets. I took the decision to deinstall the Spanish version and keep the English one, what that F error. The following error with whole my queries.

Does someone has the same error and know how to fix it?

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'DirectQuery partition 'Query1-b211bc86-53ba-4fdf-a2da-abf1a0d33e93' has '0' datasource reference(s) in its expression which is not allowed. '.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElpatoDBA
Helper II
Helper II

Hi guys!

I could not fix my problem, logically. I have resolved to start again with a new file in the English version and start a massive copy and paste of queries and re-draw my reports. Queries and graph start to work again and everything looks like normal. I leave this case here documented but I don't know the reason.

lesson learnt: Don't install upgrades from Microsoft Store and be careful if you have two different languages set in your environment in the cloud and locally.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ElpatoDBA
Helper II
Helper II

Hi guys!

I could not fix my problem, logically. I have resolved to start again with a new file in the English version and start a massive copy and paste of queries and re-draw my reports. Queries and graph start to work again and everything looks like normal. I leave this case here documented but I don't know the reason.

lesson learnt: Don't install upgrades from Microsoft Store and be careful if you have two different languages set in your environment in the cloud and locally.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElpatoDBA ,

I encountered this error for the first time.

It seems that there is a problem with certain M queries.

v-lionel-msft_0-1599187482229.png

Did the software report an error in 'Edit Query'?

Please check the M codes of the tables that cannot be loaded in ‘Advanced Editor’.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lionel

The codes are simple, I consider I don't have any "advanced" into my codes, anyway thank you for your reply back. If you read my latest comment, you can find the problem was not possible to reproduce and start again was applicable for this case, painful but with no choice.

Regards;

Jairo Suarez

I have seen this as well. Did you by chance change the name of your query from Query 1 to something else after loading the data? I did and I got the same error. By discarding this change of name and reverting back to Query 1 I resolved the issue.

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your reply back. No, I did not change anything with queries, the story in short words, I wanted to install an updated for Power BI but I finished up with two versions of Power BI, one of them in Spanish. I started to work with the Spanish one, when I've started to notice that some graphics do not show properly is when my eye starts to put more attention to some much details. Deinstalled the Spanish version and my nightmare kicked-off.

Regards;

Jairo Suarez

@ElpatoDBA - I think you are in open a support ticket category.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ElpatoDBA - I haven't seen that but I have never mixed language versions although I don't really think that there are language versions of the Desktop, just regional settings that you apply but I actually don't know that for sure because, as mentioned, never messed around with anything but the English version/setting. 

Anyway, You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg

For my understanding, I don't have Premium support. I will use it perhaps in the future when I gain more experience with PowerBI

Regards;

Jairo Suarez

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

Thank you for your comment and reply back. Sorpressly Windows mixed, I don't know-how, I can see everything in English. My desktop is originally English installation and Microsoft Store coming also in English, until here all good. My account in Microsoft Store must be in someway in Spanish because, I have created my account 10 years ago; the unique configuration that I have in my desktop in Spanish is the keyboard, that's all!

Coming back to Power BI issue the error persists, I could not find a solution. I have 15 queries so far all was working "as usual" but something was wrong

ElpatoDBA_0-1599022137137.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.