cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Queries Metadata M Engine Error

Hello,

After the recent Power BI desktop update, I've been prompted to upgrade one of my reports to the enhanced metadata format. When trying to do so, I'm getting the below error. Wasn't able to find anything online about any Queries Metadata errors and I can't find anywhere to look at this in the advanced editor. Any help would be much appreciated as I can't make changes to my report because of this.

StevenF19_0-1602087333439.png

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Tried the above suggestion and it didn't work. Ended up reverting my Power BI version a couple months ago to fix it but now I needed to update Power BI and I'm running into the same issue. Hoping that someone has an answer to this.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StevenF19 ,

Please check if this post is helpful: 

AAS Processing Error “Error returned: ‘M Engine error: ‘Microsoft.Data.Mashup; Token Comma expected”.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Frequent Visitor

Hoping someone can help resolve this as this latest update has broken several of my reports and I am no longer able to make changes to their data models.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors