Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quartile with calculated mearues

Hi, I want to do a quartile analysis of some data.

I am having trouble calculating the quartiles because I have to create them over a calculated measure called "Cts P&MO" but as long as I have seen the percentile DAX forumlas work over specifics columns of a table nd not over calculated measures. After calculating the quartiles I guess with a conditional I will put the Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 depending on the case.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

as @LivioLanzo

In the meantime to might consider to use something like this
GROUPBY(ADDCOLUMNS(SUMMARIZE(...), "yourmeasure", [Cts P&MO],"value", PERCENTILEX.EXC(CURRENTGROUP(), [yourmeasure]))

Here you will find some info about PERCENTILEX.EXC:
https://dax.guide/percentilex-exc/

Please be aware that, my example DAX above may have issues because I'm just guessing what may work.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous

perhpas you could post some data??

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @LivioLanzo and @TomMartens

Here it´s what I actually have:

Captura.PNG

The lines that appear in the graphic are the elements that I select from the slicer "SEDE", the measure that it´s showing it's "Productividad" (it has been stored at a table called "Negocio") and it´s showing it over a period of time for the things that I select on the slicer "Flor Color".

What I wanto to do it´s to calculate quartiles so I don´t have to select all the elements of "SEDE" just select one, for example "VL" and see only "VL" and where is it relative position but only seeing the quartiles like in the image bellow (Excel):

Captura 1.PNG

Hope I clarify 

Hey @Anonymous,

as @LivioLanzo already mentioned in his first post, please prepare sample data, upload the source data (different sheets in one xlsx) and the pbix file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TomMartens sadly I can´t put mucho more data because now I´m working with a live connection. 

Basically I wan to calculate the quartiles for the column "Uds x M2 12M" (a calculated mesaure). I guess that I will have to create a calculated mesure separetly for every quartile. Then I want to aggregate another colum to that visualization to put the classification on the quartiles (Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4).

Captura 3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.